Monday, October 1, 2012

Project #2 Kitchen Counter and Sink

Ok, so the kitchen counter area was in much need of TLC....you'll see what I mean in the following pics....
Here's the kitchen counter area as is when we bought it! I know...you're in love!!!
Cleaned up. Plywood removed. We figured we'd just use the resources we had since we're poor and so we decided to use sink that came with the camper...Matt will do some fixing up on it with his handy plumbing tools he always has around...and I've decided to just use the plywood to make the counter top. Will sand it real good and paint it with some oil based paint in whatever color I find in the reject pile at walmart. I've decided to decorate the camper "no fuss" style. With whatever I have or whatever is cheap and pray it all comes together nicely ~ lol. Most of all, I want to just use things I really like.
Sanding. Matt, Micheal, and I all sanded.
I painted it RED!!! I know...pretty crazy. I'm not even a big fan of red. But I'm thinkin' it'll be pleasantly different. If I just hate it, I can always repaint!
Counter top done. Now Matt will install sink and faucet.
Also, Matt painted the edges of the upper cabinets this vintage green color I found in the reject paint.
Even Eli has his part in all this! Lol. Still more to do...like paint bottom cabinets and redo walls behind sink and such. So I'll be adding more to this post later......

3 comments:

  1. What a transformation already! Can't wait to see more photos...thanks for the ones so far. Mom said she loves the Red counter with the Green cabinets. And the ladies painting looks great there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said...using things I really like. And I've always really liked my "ladies" painting! I'm thinking the bottom cabinets are gonna be a colonial sort of blue or something. With all different knobs on every drawer!!! Whatever I can find! Hum! And I was pleasantly surprised with the red. I think I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Red! That is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete